Saturday, August 31, 2013

Summer Blog Hop - HOME

Talking about technology failure... I've almost missed my Summer Blog Hop organized by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching (check her blog for more info about this event). The theme was 'Home' and I have received the most beautiful 'postcard' from Laura of the For the Love of the Needle with a lovely story.

Laura says:
I, like Jo, grew up in the military and moved around a lot.  I was in the military myself and then married a military man so I know that feeling of having no roots.
My husband’s family were the ones who taught me about home.  I don’t know if it was the Midwestern values or if it was just the way they were but I really learned what home meant as part of that family.

This is one of the first pieces of needlework I gave to my mother-in-law.  She was always a great supporter of my craft and really had an appreciation of fine handwork.  I stitched many pieces for her over the years and upon her passing, most of that needlework was returned to me.  I’ve hung quite a few of those samplers together in my home as a kind of memorial to her and this piece in particular reminds me of her and what she taught me about home.
Thank you Laura for the beautiful picture of your work and the story. Thank you Jo for hosting this blog hop.

So long my friends,
Evalina

5 comments:

  1. That's just beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there...that is a beautiful piece...I have that myself and should get it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful. And a wonderful story to go with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You received a beautiful postcard together with a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part. I thought it was a lovely story. I am blessed with a great mother-in-law as well so I can relate to that too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.